Monday, October 24, 2011

Who you calling Lady?

Anna is on marker restriction. And has been for a while. And it has been highly ineffective.
As in, she uses marker whenever she wants, on whatever surface she feels like.

In carpool today, she was trying HARD to break my will and win an inky prize.

A: Hey, Mama, Have any paper?
J: Nope.
A: A crayon?
J: Nope.
A: A small piece of paper and that green and white pen?
J: Nope.
A: I just look in your purse. You hand me your purse. I show you.
J: Nope.
A: Just give me your purse!
J: You never go through a lady's purse!
A: You're not a lady!
J: I am a lady!
A: When did you get to be an old lady?
J: I am not an OLD LADY! Ladies don't have to be old!
A: But you're a lady? When did you get to be a lady?
J: Oh, girlfriend, it is a process.

This evening, I picked up a pewter tray, covered in scribbles of crayon. I asked, "Anna, did you do this?" She hesitated just long enough for me to turn it over to the other side. Which said, ANNA ANAN ANNA NANAN ANNA ANNA ANNA.

Trust me, it took everything in me to respond in a ladylike fashion.